Sunday, May 2, 2010

Week 11

Tuesday I packaged and mailed Babies passes to the businesses and organizations who responded positively to my e-mail request last week. I then wrote a blog about the film Kick-Ass (which was a pretty awesome movie, by the way). After blogging I settled into the familiar researching routine, this time for the movie Easy A, a movie inspired by The Scarlet Letter starring Emma Stone (and a lot of other recognizable names) about a girl who gets a reputation based on a lie and then uses those lies and others in her high school's "rumor mill" to get ahead. I researched activities during the summer that Moroch could be a part of to promote the movie to a teen or female college student audience. While I was researching, I also compiled Excel spreadsheets for the Karate Kid's OKC and Tulsa markets for after school places and martial arts places contact information.

I used this contact information Thursday to call every place on the list about receiving advance screening passes and promotional items for the Karate Kid. I took notes on their responses for when we look for promotional event hosting partners. Continuing the Karate Kid theme, I blogged about the movie. I then mailed the rest of the Babies passes out to any more responses I received since Tuesday. I also contacted a place called Cosmo's in Tulsa about hosting a cocktail night themed for Just Wright. Instead of driving back to Norman, I drove to Harkin's Theater in Bricktown where I handed out Babies posters and screening passes to movie-goers. My presence coincided with the 2:40 and 5:00 showtimes of the movie Oceans, since both films are expected to have a similar audience. I was there for a little over three hours, but I didn't really mind because it was one of the few paid gigs for my internship!

Friday I continued calling after school and martial arts places. There were about 25-30 places on each list for each OKC and Tulsa, so I had a lot of calls to make (including call-backs from Thursday's messages). I also did research and brainstorming for promotional events for the movie Grown-Ups starring Adam Sandler. This was a little different than my normal research and brainstorming. I wrote the complete report for the movie for Moroch to give to the studio so I had to follow a specific format and really make sure I had some good ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment